Sunday, November 23, 2014

THE RISING $UN


Clutch Players University @clutchsociety writer Nikole -Jaye @nikolejaye had the chance to catch up with Hip-Hop's emperor Peter $un.

(CP) When did you fall in love with Hip-Hop? Why did you choose Hip-Hop as your platform?

I cant honestly say I ever truly fell in love with Hip-Hop. I started off listening to a lot of old R&B and Jazz as a kid, then I got a little older and I got really into Tupac, Jodeci and shit like that. Rhyming just kind of became a thing for me. I did a lot of poetry that evolved into rap. I got decent at it and found it as a way to express my feelings and thoughts / opinions on life thats why people can connect with me.”

(CP) From your perspective are there any similarities or differences in Underground Music and Mainstream Hip-Hop culture ? If so could you briefly describe the similarities or differences?

I feel like there are no real similarities. Underground rap to me is more organic and soulful. Its the songs for the average listener and songs for people that don't live a lavish lifestyle. Most mainstream Hip-Hop today is for the people who front or live beyond their means. mainstream rap to me is unrealistic at this point.”

(CP) Could you briefly tell our Clutch Players the city you come from? And, how did that city shaped your mentality and music?

I'm from Richmond,Virginia. That city has so many different sounds from Trap, Neo-Soul, Hip-Hop, and EDM. Its such a melting pot for culture / race and you can take a little bit from every section of the city. Also, being around so much talent and various sounds that I enjoy blending to make something amazing think really shaped my music.” 



(CP) Here at Clutch Players University we value consistency. What do you want to contribute to the culture of Hip-Hop musically and socially?

Musically, I want to contribute to the the Art Form in Hip-Hop. I'm into the timeless shit.”

Socially, I’m all about putting out music that means something to someone. Maybe, I'm going through what someone else is going through and they may think they are alone but i want them to know they aren’t. Basically, I want to be like a big brother to my listeners.”

(CP) Could you briefly describe to our Clutch Players University readers. Who is Peter $un?

"Peter $un is a free spirit.”

(CP) What can the people expect next from Peter $un?

"I'm finishing up my album called "Sunset Castle" the release date is (TBA). However, on December 20th, I'll be performing in Ohio at BUZZBIN, and working on a few things for next year.”

(CP) Aside, from listening to your music. What artist's does Peter $un listen to?

I listen to Jai Paul, Kid Cudi, Sunny & Gabe, Abhi// Dijon, and Goldlink. The majority is a lot of underground music plus classic Hip- Hop like Biggie Smalls, Nas, and Tupac.”


(CP) If you were not pursuing your music. What sport would you see yourself playing?Why?

If I wasn’t into music I would play Hockey. Because, I've always been into that shit, slamming a n.... on the glass and all that. I really love hockey.”


(CP) In your opinion do you think the Hip-Hop culture is organically evolving?

Yes, I think it is. At this point you have to be really artistic with music. Theres so many artists out here that are making the same music and then there are so many making different and more unique styles of music and its so competitive. You have to evolve with the times to be noticed now a days. So, I definitely think the Hip-Hop culture is evolving and its exciting to see.





(CP) Could you provide some words of encouragement for the Clutch Players University, dreamers, or visionaries?


Stay consistent, work hard. I'm the type that worked hard for years and years before i was even recognized by a lot of the people who are finally catching on. That doesn't mean to rush to put music out, take your time, and develop a sound of your own.”


Take over the fucking world!!


Events & Shows:

Inquires For Peter $un Contact Ken Kwaku JR (MGMNT) Via.inquire.petersun@gmail.com


Music Connections:




Social Connections:

https://www.facebook.com/PedroSolMusic


 
Artwork:



Production:

 






No comments:

Post a Comment