Thursday, August 14, 2014

He's Not Dirty Papi; He's Juani Sucio





 (CP) Who is Poesh Wonder a.k.a Juani Sucio?

Poesh Wonder wonder is an evolution of nicknames that my cousin gave me. Juani Sucio is actually Poesh Wonder's alter ego. Poesh is that stand up guy who's about the progression of the culture through love and dedication to the arts. Juani is that guy that don't give a fuck and will say everything that's on your mind but are afraid to say. They lock horns often.”

(CP) From the music you have displayed via the social media sites you have worked with producers and emcees internationally. What prompted you to reach out internationally for music?

Actually, my man Dave Ghetto approached me when I was on the Ave and let me hear these tracks by Griffi, a famous producer in Spain. That's where my song "Like This" came from. Once his friend Quiroga heard it, he reached out to me and it was history from there. Shout out to El Chavo too!!”

(CP) New Jersey, is known for putting out legends such as Redman, Queen Latifah, Lauryn Hill, and many more. What is your take on the state of New York rap as of today? Do you think New Jersey gets adequate coverage whether it be social, musical, or political?

I believe the state of NY rap has strayed. I hear lots of cats from up there are duplicating that down south sound and that's ass backwards. NYC is the Mecca of Hip Hop so why would some of them wanna follow people that came behind them? New Jersey hasn't gotten its just due since the early 90's honestly. And Camden, where I'm from hasn't gotten attention for music since the 80's. All Camden is known for now is murder and poverty.”

 
(CP) What inspires Poesh Wonder a.k.a Juani Sucio?
I'm inspired by many things. I can hear a track that somebody made and the words sometime just fall out of me. It could be a life event, something I ate that day, it varies.”

(CP) Are there any projects, or upcoming shows in the works?

It's hard to get work done having a family, but I get it in when I can. I have "The Chronicles of Juani Sucio Vol 3" in mastering as we speak. But, there's no release date in mind yet. It just depend on when the mastering is complete.”

(CP) Could you briefly describe Poesh Wonder a.k.a Juani Sucio style?

I always describe my style like this:

Remember when Fat Albert and the gang would meet in the junkyard and jam out with whatever junk they could find? My sound is what those scenes look like.”

(CP) Could you share something with our Clutch Players University readers we might not know about Poesh Wonder a.k.a Juani Sucio?


I was in a major car crash in 2010 with a dump truck that crushed my entire left side and put me in a coma for 10 days. My video "Comin to the Stage" shows that time in my life in more detail.”

(CP) What is your perspective on Hip-Hop today? Why did you choose Hip-Hop as your platform?

I think the state of Hip- Hop is exactly where it needs to be. Don't get me wrong, I can't stand the shit that's being promoted because its very detrimental to our youth. There is a new class of young dudes that's crushing it right now and it's right on time because people are getting tired of the status quo. It's as if they been selling us the same song over and over for years. Stay tuned!"

I chose Hip-Hop because I'm from the hood. Mind you, I'm 36 years young so I grew up in the culture. I remember when "Planet Rock was in radio rotation. That sound of Hip-Hop became the soundtrack of my upbringing by default. There was no other way my self expression would have started.”

(CP) Here at Clutch Players University we are sports fanatics. I was a Heat fan only because of Lebron (No disrespect to Wade, or Bosh). But, Lebron went back to my home town which is Cleveland. Do you have a favorite sports team? Who? Why?

My basketball team has always been Phoenix Suns. In the 80's we played Sega Genesis and on the basketball game we would choose Lakers vs. Celtics. That was my team on the game so I stuck with them.”

(CP) What is the illest line you ever spoke?

My thoughts is like 10 ton weights strapped to my Shell- Tops while I up rock.”

(CP) Clutch Players like to thank you for taking time out with us. Could you leave some encouraging words to anyone trying to pursue their gift?



Yes. Hip-Hop is not what you do, it's who you are. Don't let anybody influence against your decision to master the art!!!! She's been my friend most of my life, keep her happy”



MEDIA CONNECTIONS:





No comments:

Post a Comment