Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Jazz'Mine GARFIELD: AN ACOUSTIC VERSE




 Clutch Players University had a chance to interview rising soul artist Jazz'Mine Garfield.

(CP) Could you briefly explain to our Clutch Players University the meaning behind the title/ concept of your album 'Loves Bullet'? Were their any producers you worked with for the album?
It is a metaphoric title that describes heartbreak. It was a compilation of break- ups and mishaps that I witnessed in my life. That pain was so deep; it was as if someone I loved ruthlessly shot me in my heart.”
I worked with the phenomenal ‘Byron the Aquarius ‘on production. I self- produced "Repeat" and did joint production on few other tracks with him. He produced a few others on the EP. He is an absolute genius when it comes to production.”


(CP) Could you briefly describe to our Clutch Players University readers your sound?
I would say Eclectic and Unique. My sound is a mixture of many elements. Hip- Hop, Trip-Hop, Jazz, Electronic, and Soul. I call it ‘Future Soul.’ Once you feel you've put your finger on it when listening, you hear something else and it causes you to think again. I listen to so many genres of music that is places so many elements in the palm of my hand.”

(CP) What inspires Jazz'Mine Garfield? Explain your creative process?
What inspires me is LIFE. I dislike confrontation. As rebellious as I am, when it comes to certain matters I would always hide how I felt.”

When I write or play, it is usually pulling from an emotion that is heavy on my heart. I take life experiences and tell stories. It’s when I’m most vulnerable whether I am happy, sad or just feeling passionate. Life inspires my every song.”

(CP) There is often a misconception between Neo Soul music and Soul music. Is there a difference between the two artistries?
I personally feel there is no huge difference. Neo Soul in my opinion is just a twist on Soul music. You can’t have anything without having a little Soul. I don’t care if you sing / play Rock & Roll, Hip-Hop or Folk ‘YOU HAVE SOUL.’ Neo Soul artists are just as organic. The artistry is influenced by Jazz, R&B, etc. We love putting evolution into categories!!! “


Everything we do is just with a twist.”

(CP) Could you give our Clutch Players University readers a glimpse into who is Jazz'Mine Garfield?
I’m a rebel with a cause, a comedian with a punch line and sweetheart with a passion. I’m literally your everyday kind of girl. Growing up in Birmingham, AL I’ve been a weird individual twenty –five years of my life. I have a really strong faith. I believe we are all here for a purpose. I’m not here to force anyone to go to church or go to hell (I'm too tickled), I'm just passionate about motivating people to bring out the best in themselves, to spread peace and testify on how I was changed.”

(CP) When performing. Do you prefer to perform more acoustically or performing with background tracks?
It all varies. It depends on the vibe. I prefer to perform acoustic. I love intimate settings. Those moments’ people have no choice but to listen to you. Also, I love performing with a band. The energy is high and you can add so many elements. Background tracks vary.”

(CP) Could you name some artists Jazz'Mine Garfield is listening to?
I must say I’M IN LOVE WITH KING!!! Paris Strother is one of the reasons I produce. They have to be number one. Laura Mvula, Hiatus Kaiyote, The Local Natives, Ego Ella May, Discloure, and Lianne La Havas are in heavy rotation.”

(CP) Could you briefly tell us what’s the illest line you've ever heard from one of your favorite Hip-Hop artists?
I’m a huge Kanye fan. Not Yeezus Kanye or 808 Kanye. I’m talking College Drop Out, Late Registration, and Graduation fan. You can't just say one line with him.

The illest line he has ever said in my opinion has to be from "All Falls Down.”

"I say fuck the police that’s how I treat them. We buy our way out of jail, but we can’t by freedom. We will buy a lot clothes but we don’t really need them. Things we buy to cover up what’s inside, because they made us hate ourselves and love their wealth that why shorties holla where the ballers at. Drug dealers by Jordan’s, crack head by crack, and the white man get paid off of all of that"

I MISS THIS YE

(CP) Are there any upcoming shows or projects in the works?
I’m wrapping up my next release "Starting Over" which will be release before the end of the year. It’s been hard work producing, recording and writing all by myself!!!”

(CP) If you were not doing music and you had to pick a sport. Which sport would it be? Why?
I’m actually an old athlete, and I was pretty darn good. I’ve always loved volleyball!! I played basketball and ran track. You can’t handle me at the net I’m a beast.”


(CP) Clutch Players University would like to thank you for taking time out with us. Could you leave some encouraging words to the dreamers, visionaries, and clutch players?
BE YOU!!!! Do not let anyone tell you what you can not do. When you have a vision planted within you, no one can take it from you. Work hard and never give up. Nothing comes easy. I’ve heard so many times, but it never altered my purpose. When you fall down, it’s only a test to see if you will get back up!!! 

YOU CAN DO IT!!


                                          MEDIA CONNECTIONS:



Connect with Clutch Players University:













No comments:

Post a Comment